We believe that every child deserves the chance to learn.
To view areas we currently require staff in please click here. if your are is not listed we can still find you work.
To apply email your CV to: email@example.com please state your location and the areas you are happy to travel to.
Our tutors receive:
- Holiday and sick pay
- 24-26th December and 31st-1st January off work
- DBS checks and insurance
- Set pay days and consistent pay
- Support at all times either via phone call, email and/or in person
- Alternative work in the holidays if your families only have ABA in term time
- Perk box full of discounts and goodies
- Employee of the month receives a bonus in their pay
- Training sessions which will be added to your CV
- Routes to progress and be promotes within the company
- An ongoing chance to have your say and add to the improvements to the company
- Access to an online portal for helpful videos, tricks and tips.
Here at ABAble we provide 1:1 therapy to children with autism in their nurseries, schools and homes. The therapy is called Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) and it involves lots of play, excitement and using human psychology to teach.
ABA breaks down large tasks into small manageable goals and then stitches them together to complete the main task. You would be required to find fun ways to motivate the child/children you work with. You would be provided with the tasks and notes on how to teach each targets. Targets can be aimed at development, academics, commincation and social skills. All training is provided. You will work independently but also as part of a team. Every 1-3 months each family has a team meeting (a workshop) with other members of the ABA team members. All targets are evidence with data and this enables us to analysis progress.
ABA TUTOR RESPONSIBILITIES
– To find creative playful ways to motivate each child – this may involve physical play
– To teach ABA targets which are set by an ABA consultant. This is not traditional tutoring and is based on making learning fun. Targets are developmental and academic.
– To follow notes provided by the consultant
– To attend sessions a twice a week or more. The sessions are a minimum of 2 hours long.
– To ensure the safety of each child while working with them
– To collect accurate data on specific targets laid out by the consultant
– To provide reliable and consistent work for each child
– To attend training days online and in person which are set by the company
– To follow any behaviour support plans provided by the ABA consultant
Once you book hours in with a client they will remain at the same time and day each week.
Ideal candidates would have studied Psychology or child development. You must have a passion for working with children. Energy and playful creativity are extremely important.
Experience working with children is preferred. Pay increases are available should tutor targets be met. If you have ABA experience your pay will be higher.
We have other part time and full-time roles available in homes and in schools.